Monday, August 18, 2008

Supersteals!

I'm so excited about my weekend bargain, I simply must share!

During our Sunday morning family time at the local Wal-Mart a couple days ago, as my husband and I were racing down the aisles, each with a boy in our carts, trying to excite them about the endeavours of grocery shopping, I steered us off course a bit into the baby department for some quick browsing. We were in the market for another carseat for our oldest son to pop-a-squat in while riding in Dada's car so we spent a few minutes reviewing the selection and taking mental notes. On our way out of the baby department, I spotted a giant box on a clearance shelf- it was a carseat for toddlers so I decided to check it out.

This $70 seat was marked down to $32! It met all the specifications we were looking for and I couldn't bear the thought of missing such a good deal, so we swooped it up and continued our trek to the frozen food section. About 2 steps into this trek however, I spotted another carseat on clearance! This one was a previous display- and just happened to be a model that I considered buying for our toddler when he first came of age for a new forward facing ride. The seat was going for $140 originally, and was sitting here staring at me with a clearance tag of just $70 now. Why was I even bothering with this? Well I just so happened to have a little infant who is not at all little, and about 3 lbs from outgrowing his infant car seat. Although it wasn't a priority, he would surely be needing an upgrade soon enough. Our good friends/neighbors purchased this seat for their daughter and were very pleased with it, so I call them up real quick and have them explain all the pieces parts and verify that everything is here. We test all the straps and pulls, everything works. Looks as though this poor display model was just replaced with the newer version a couple aisles over!

I excitedly situate this seat in our 2nd cart now, we decide on both of them and bolt out of the baby department with our eyes closed to avoid any further damage to our checking account. We left that store feeling so triumphant and lucky to have stumbled upon these immense savings, just as we needed them. I didn't even care to focus on menu items for the remainder of our trip, I was just itching to get home with our "stolen" merchandise and put it to use!

I can't wait to see what interesting finds we may come across next Sunday! If you're family is on a budget and facing some big ticket items, I definately recommend keeping one eye to the bottom shelf- you never know what's waiting for you!

No comments: