Monday, September 29, 2008

I've been bitten... something fierce!

So after my love affair with Twilight, I found myself twitching with the need to continue forward in the series, and rather swiftly- patience is not something I have much of. It's been a few days since I completed the series and I'm still feeling just as I did after first meeting dear Edward in Twilight a couple weeks ago. Ridiculously in love with a fictional being is perhaps the most exuberant feeling one can conjure up. And quite convenient for the married woman if I might add. Being head over heels for a character in a novel=no harm done to husband's ego or territorial instincts.

Amidst my uncontrollable love and adoration, I managed to infect a few of my amigas- and all it took was a few sentences for them to fall just as hard, and as fast, as I did. What a lucky 17 year old vampire Edward is :) Girls and Women everywhere can't keep their minds off of him! It's as if the definition of most women's ideal soul mate (even though we didn't know this until we met him) has been created out of words, expressions and thoughts. Flawless... What's most amazing to me, is how the characters of the book, Edward in particular, stay with you. Like a seed is planted, and it lives and grows inside of your brain. Not a day has gone by that I haven't been marvelling at my new found love! Husbands everywhere are screaming "You're such a nerd," at their wives, all while rolling their eyes at the very thought that we could be so involved with a book. Most don't seem intimidated by the thought of Edward, which is comforting- no fighting now boys ;) My own darling husband refers to him as "Frances" because he couldn't remember his name and made something completely ridiculous up to antagonize me.

He's benefiting from this sickness though too- well really, everyone I know is. Either I have infected them and their now living in their own little Edward Cullen loving world, or they are blessed with the new and improved ME. I have discussed this among friends and discovered I am not alone when I say that the books have changed me. As a full time, stay at home Mother raising 2 small boys, owning and operating a business, being the good wifey and still coming up short- you could say a fire escape looks mighty tempting to me. Reading these books, was like jumping out the fire escape for a while, getting some fresh air, resetting my patience and self control, falling in love and then stumbling back inside, dopey grin and all- to resume my duties. Now I can get the same effect by simply reminiscing the words in my mind at any time of day. It's like an instant drug that changes the way I see reality all together. I am stronger, happier, peacefuller, lighter, better... so many things, all good things too, have started emerging from their little hiding places inside of me. Born again, through the will of a vampire. Who would have thought?

So, everyone has my complete recommendation for the Twilight series, for so many reasons! I am attempting to come down from my high just a tad this week to get back into the swing of things and catch up on some neglected and abused areas of my life (the laundry and other miscel chores for example). Will I ever move on from here? Hmmm... hope not :)

No comments: