Sunday, September 7, 2008

Momma's Bliss- Starter Project!

I LOVE to do anything that involves my children’s development. This varies from driving them to dance practices, participating in the PTA, going to church with them or just hanging out watching movies. Without them I wouldn’t be MOMthey make everyday worth living and are my true JOYS in life. Something as simple as wrapping her little hand around my finger and snuggling in a blanket; following me around the house trying to do everything mommy does, she says "Larissa do it too?" which makes me feel like her hero; coming home from work to her squealing with delight, throwing her arms up for me to pick her up, and saying "Yay Mommy!" Having my son and my husband fight to see who gets to kiss me first and the most! "Mommy get up, baby brother's up and needs me to play." When they show love for each other in any way I know I have succeeded as a mother. An example with Annabella was today on our walk to school she told me what a STOP sign meant and how she knew that it was a STOP sign. With Aiden it's when he laughs in his sleep. When Oliver looks straight into my eyes and blesses me with a drooling toothless grin. This seemingly small gesture melts away any stress that had built up after a poopy diaper blowout or a long crying spell. the small amount of time that I get to be me, not mommy or wife, just me. [My Husband] will force me to leave the new babe with him while I reconnect with the outside world. I love spending time with my children and the look in their eyes when we are all just bonding together! Knowing inside of that little body is a person who loves unconditionally, especially you; to watch a child grow in their culture that we created for them; knowing that they need us as much as we need them; open mouth kisses!; then hugging your neck as tight as they can, not wanting to let go. Mostly, the things you can not see. It has to be when I hear my daughter stand up for herself in a cute-girlie way! I feel so proud to know that when she thinks I'm not watching or listening she can take care of herself and doesn't let anyone guide her! That and when shes asleep she looks like an angel! and Margaritas with the girls is always pure bliss!!!!!!! Hiding behind a book or magazine secretly listening to the conversations my 2 year old has with his Dad when they think I’m not paying attention! Starting every morning with my little boy’s screechy voice-- “Hiiiii Momma, Hiiii Baby!” Waking up on Sundays in my husband’s arms to the sound of our kids squawking on the baby monitor (as long as it’s past 8am!) knowing we get Dadda home to ourselves alll day.

No comments: